Kanjeru Primary School
- We installed energy efficient cooking systems (jikos) to help them cook everyday meals for their students.
- We repaired the kitchen’s leaky roof
- We installed a water tank that will help them, store the necessary water needed every day.
Napara Primary School
We built toilets in this school that has over 1000 students that currently have only one girl’s toilet and one boy’s toilet. The new set of toilets will allow for six girls’ toilets and six boys’ toilets.
Daily Mid Morning Snack and Lunch Program - Waitua Primary School, Kenya
- We continued our initiative of feeding 100 of the neediest children their mid morning snack and a wholesome lunch. These are kids who would otherwise go hungry the whole day.
- We provided sanitary napkins to girls who are not able to afford sanitary napkins and would otherwise face the possibility of having to miss school for a week each month during their period.
Infrastructure Program - St. Anne Kenol School
- We installed five 10,000 liter water tanks that will help them harvest rain water for everyday use.
- We sponsored the school’s plan to dig a bore well so that the students and teachers can have access to a reliable source of water for their everyday use.
Snack Program - Atlanta Public Schools
We continued providing snacks to the children in these schools. These schools do not qualify to be part of APS’s Title 1 Program, and so do not get federal funds for a snack program.